Home > Übergroße Foren > Entertainment and Hobbies > Needing Plus Sized models for Plus Sized clothing Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Needing Plus Sized models for Plus Sized clothing
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jan 05, 2005 19:13

So far i have found one awesome store that carries plus sizes and they actually look good and feel good...It's called Cotton Ginny Plus...My favorite store...If they ever closed up i would just die...It's the only place i can actually get clothes that are not made of polyester or look like maternity clothes and the jeans do not have elastic waist bands...OMG lol...they are nice and fitted, and actual cotton...But seriously i know what you guys are saying, and i also defenitely think there needs to be more stores for us with nice stylish clothing with plus size models...that would be a bonus.....I also agree, i think that Operah should do a show on this...let me know if you get in touch with her...lol...i would love to hear what she says ....Ok enough mumbling lol...time to let someone else speek <<<<

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jan 05, 2005 17:35

All I can say is loveyourpeaches for clothes....they are really nice

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jan 04, 2005 00:12

I go to Lane Bryant,I'm a goth so its a little hard finding stuff I'd wear,but have found some neat stuff I love so far,just glad my folks can pay for it,cuz its exspensive......gosh dang $16 undies hehe.I get those gift checks every so often for Lane Bryant,its worth it.
I also make my own clothes.

On topic,yes I hate seeing stores and magazine ads,and online shops for plus sizes and seeing the 125 lb girl in a size 6 lol.I still cant believe they consider a size 12 and plus size!.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 02, 2005 11:30

You know guys, I have been thinking this same thing for a long time. I have some contacts in the entertianment industry, so I might see what I can do. Lane Bryant has been a big step in decent clothing for girls our size, but it still is a little bit too dressy for the most part. If you want to dress down and be comfortable, there's little you can chose from. Also, not to mention the prices! I feel like I have to sell my soul everytime I shop there! The only reason they do that is because Lane Bryant realizes it's really the only store we can go to for clothes other than mumu's.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 02, 2005 09:50

The men are in the same boat. Have you ever seen a big and tall men's store flyer or commercial? I haven't. I started shopping on-line to find some decent big men's clothes because the big men's store here offered t-shirts and a few pull over shirts with collars that I wouldn't dress a dog in. I have always thought that we needed a place for big people to shop that is trendy, yet have models our size to let us know how the clothes will look. OK I'm through now. Plus we really need a good area to chat admins!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 02, 2005 06:03

this post makes me chuckle... because it's something that i think every BBW and BHM come in tact with.. ive seen the line of clothes for the BHM.. t-shirts and dress pants made for the BHM.. like cmonnnnn... ive gone into numerous stores that are for the BBW however, u go the rack of the really cool jeans, "gawd dernnit only up to a size 14" "well why cant they make hip huggers for the BBW that isnt strecth pants trying to spice it up with a doily looking pattern", "why cant that make that really cool shirt for my size, must i be a size 2".. so many things fly through my head at + size stores, only because they still dont cater to the + size lady , and yeah, the ugly prints?? they make our clothes look like maternity clothes or clothes my great g-ma would wear at the age of 90!!! *just shakes my head*

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Jan 01, 2005 17:41

Omg this is so true. I went into 3 of our local western wear stores and the the biggest size rockies(jeans no back pockets)that are designed and not a plain jane is 15. i put up such a stink about it they told me to write the management im tired of ugly clothes. So i buy black and dress it up

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 31, 2004 16:59

Ohh what a true post. Models in say Lane Bryant catalog are MAYBE a size 10 if that. For a clothing store that caters to bigger woman that is ridiculous. You ever see those huge mumu dresses on these little ladies? Its laughable that its stylish! lol

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 28, 2004 19:55

Right on, I've gotta tell you, I haven't heard omar the tentmaker since I was back in NC. Didn't know anyone else used that terminology! rofl
I love it!

I agree, although I have found that it is much easier these days than even several years ago to find nice looking, fitted clothes. Even sexy lingerie is easier to find, you just have to look for it.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 27, 2004 14:25

you ever notice, the only shirts besides little kids shirts with tweety on them are for plus sized women? I run right on ! its about time they make large sized clothes that actually FIT large sized women, and you are absolutely right, arent tents, curtains, bedspreads or other such tacky material. I also want something with a real waist, not an elastic waistband, some structure, not a mumu, and some style. Just because I'm not a size 2 doesnt mean i have to dress in Omar the Tentmakers latest creation.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 23, 2004 16:54

Sounds good...I've done some plus size modeling..Lots of fun. Its reality..we're all not a size 10...or less

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 16, 2004 10:20

hey Id be interested in doin that I think thats the bomb.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 14, 2004 20:56

Hey great Idea.. she of all people would understand.. Lets do it.. Hell she may even do a show on us.. lol

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 13, 2004 20:40

Let's call Oprah!!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 12, 2004 06:05

Hi cute, thanks for making me laugh this morning.. Yes I agree no more stripes, animals, gingham and granny clothes.. we want to be just as sexy as our barbie counterparts.. we like silk, we like lace, get rid of the polyester and stiff cotton.. Who can we call to let them know we are here...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Dec 11, 2004 22:26

Amen !!! Also on the same topic please stop putting elephants,zebras giant flowers and other assorted ugliness on our clothes.Also can ya please make a bra for women who actually have breasts? We want pretty bras that support us without the 10 inch wide straps.
Can it with the tent like shirts too.We are big,not pregnant.OMG I am getting carried away with this,I'll shut up now.What was the question? Oh yeah,I agree.BBW models for BBW clothes!!!!