Home > Übergroße Foren > Religion > LDS singles Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
LDS singles
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Sep 22, 2005 21:59

I swear... there are just No LDS men left!

Nur gültig

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Apr 10, 2008 20:19

hi...really hope i dont sound silly/stupid ..but what is an LDS?

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Feb 19, 2007 08:47

Something I have noticed from another site is, if you read an LDS male profile, you will find that they want a "Barbie doll" type of figure. They don't seem to be interested in anyone that is on the heavy side.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jul 31, 2006 12:08

Oh, I dunno about that. I've met lots of non-LDS guys who seem to be looking for that special 6 or 7 people. LOL

I'm ex-LDS, and though I don't believe in the church or it's teachings, I do find the stereotypes to be quite unfair to it's modern day members.

Unfortunately though, if you're LDS and strong in your faith, your best bet is to date within. I wouldn't count on trying to convert anyone. As a non-LDS person, I wouldn't date a serious LDS person either unless you were looking to convert. There's not much room for "in-between" with that particular faith.

Good luck finding your LDS elders, girls. I know how hard that must be, but maybe there's a singles ward nearby? San Antonio has a few of them I think. I would expect Utah to as well. I don't know about other areas.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Feb 19, 2006 03:06

I am a writer in the sense that I'm a published critic. Though I am moving out of criticism and into fiction and general article writing. I'm glad you like my posts :-)

I like the line "which is worse - God or Religion?" It reminds me of a bumper-sticker I once saw with "Jesus - Myth or Legend" on it.

I would ideally like to see both disappear from the face of the Earth. However, in the mean time I'm happy to see religion and atheism cohabitate, but I think that time has showed that the place for religion is in the personal sphere. People should believe in their own way and worship in their own personal way. I should be able to live my life free of the touch of religion just as they should be able to be quietly religious in their own little corner of the world.

However, the problem is the religious drive to move from a personal relationship with God to a grand moral structure that binds all of society together. This is why you get religious leaders spouting off on political matters and political leaders making religious statements. It even happens on here when atheists and people of other faiths are called "the lost" and are told they'll be cast into a river of fire.

That's stepping over the line. At that point it ceases to be a personal relationship and starts to become an attempt to run my life on the basis of their own beliefs. I will always react against this. If the religious want to mix it up in the marketplace of ideas then I'll be there to point out that superstition and bigotry are no basis for running a society.

I agree with you though, I think religion and politics are exactly the kind of things that should be talked about on a first date. These are the things that define us and they say a lot about who we are. You can't really know a person without knowing what it is they believe.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Feb 18, 2006 22:22

Just leaving work and popped onto the site for one last shot. Theo; are you a writer? I enjoy the hell out of your posits. It is nice to hear literate responses to some of the postings. Keep at it. I just thought I'd add that you're correct about it being the moonies. Small case intended. Dealing with religon and followers is a tiresome definite in life. A 'definite' meaning; in life we all must pay taxes, breathe, excrete and put up with religon. Reading some of the remarks that Theo has attracted any free/logical thinking person can only shake their heads. I'll not stoop to that level and hammer on any of the groups, although I did slur the moonies a bit, wouldn't it be great to just be left alone with regard to this subject. How unpleasent it is to see people only choosing because of religon. LDS men indeed. On second thought it is best that these people narrow their choices to each other. What is sad, I know 7 elderly men and women who could't find the right (insert denomination here) to satisfy their parents. They are alone and all over 78 years old never having married. Enough I guess. Oh, I notice one person, female mentioned that religon and politics shouldn't be mentioned on a date. Are you kidding!!!??? One had best know immediately if the other is intolerant or apathetic or despises certain acts of sex. It is too damn late after the knot is tied. It is 2006, how does anyone not know this? Lastly, especially Theo, what do you think the worst idea mankind has ever invented? God OR Religon?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Feb 06, 2006 03:49

The Mormons... is that the religion that do the weddings in Asia, where thousands gather in a stadium to all say "I DO" at the same time?

I think that's the Moonies.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Feb 05, 2006 07:46

Cathii write:
The Mormons... is that the religion that do the weddings in Asia, where thousands gather in a stadium to all say "I DO" at the same time?

How tragic would it be if you married the wrong guy ...actually i think it would be pretty funny.

I've never heard of mormons doing that. Mormons are the church that tends to be associated with bigamy in most people's minds.

Maybe an LDS person could elaborate on where the origins of that came from, but I do know that in the current Mormon church, plural marriage is a reason for ex-communication, but because there are a few families out there that state they are mormon and have a plural marriage, the stereotype sticks.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Feb 02, 2006 07:11

So, for the mormons here ...

... what's up with Planet Kolob, and pay-lay-ale?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jan 02, 2006 17:27

Let me start off by stating that I am not a Mormon, but an atheist. My very best and still closest friend is a Mormon. We have always been respectful of each others' beliefs. She moved from Nova Scotia to Idaho to go to college back in the early 1980's (and to find a husband!). I think a lot of folks do not know very much about Mormons, except they regularly arrive knocking on our doors.

I could go on and wax poetic on this topic...but, I believe the question had something to do with looking for LDS men??

I think you will find if you stop looking so hard, you'll have one right under your nose! Keep an open mind and don't rule any man out until you really get to know him.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jan 02, 2006 06:07

The mormon church calls itself the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints.

Mormon was the prophet who wrote the Book of Mormon upon which the religion is founded.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jan 02, 2006 04:41

Latter Day Saints

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jan 02, 2006 00:42

whats LDS stand for ...??

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 01, 2006 18:11

Amazing! I am not alone! I was starting to think I was the only "Molly Morman" still looking for an elder.

Still beating the bushes for mine.

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Nov 30, 2005 14:31

I dated a Mormon guy a few years ago. I'm not Mormon though. We did talk about his faith. The part I found a little strange was that he did not want to tell me he was Mormon. I knew from the second time I met him that he was but I did not say anything because I was waiting for him to tell me.

Finally about 2 or 3 weeks into the relationship I finally said to him, "Honey, when are you going to tell me that you're a Mormon?" Boy the look on his face was pure shock. ;)

Anyways, we eventually broke up but that was my experience dating a Mormon (the short version.) ;)

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Nov 08, 2005 10:33

There don't seem to be any here in Virginia either. :( I'm curious...Do you ladies date men of other religions? It sometimes seems impossible to find single LDS men (especially in their 30's, 40's, and older.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Oct 24, 2005 12:23

Yes it seems people misunderstand us Mormons. They should take time to learn if they want to comment. I am not sure where all the LDS guys are. Not here I guess.
Yes it seems people misunderstand us Mormons. They should take time to learn if they want to comment. I am not sure where all the LDS guys are. Not here I guess.

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Sep 23, 2005 15:03

Bening LDS and participatin in polygamy are two very different things. Polygamy was outlawed a long time ago and is not longer a part of the LDS religion... I know not many people know that.. but that is just becasue they don't care to learn anything new about other religions....
LDS guys are not looking for more than one wife now, unless they are Fundamentalist LDS (aka Polygimists)
Thanks for that comment though

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Sep 23, 2005 02:22

Thankfully.

Most of us are looking for that someone special, LDS guys are looking for that 6 or 7 special people :-)