Home > Übergroße Foren > Friendship > Sad Day... Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Sad Day...
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Mar 07, 2006 11:14

Well, I think I'm going to delete my profile now. I've decided that there's probably noone that can really be trusted. I met a man over a year ago... we've never met, didn't figure we ever would because of distance. I've talked to him almost every day for the past 15 months. We've talked about everything... literally.

I found out today that he has not been honest with me about something very important to me... and he knows all the reasons why. He has done things to deceive me and to confuse me. I never thought that he would do this... I thought that after so long that we had become better friends than that.

I now realize that meeting someone over the net is too risky for me. I trust too easily.

For those that have a conscience out there... be real and honest... even if it means not getting the girl...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Aug 07, 2006 18:28

I hope you dont give up, not all of us are bad. A note to Cathii that is just wrong.:)

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jun 04, 2006 08:28

I don't know what he lied about but if you two can conversate for 15 months daily, there's something there. The lie maybe unforgiveable, I don't know but if it isn't don't throw the baby out with the bath water. What was the intent of the lie, and is the whole relationship based on the lie? In the end do what's best for you music. As for the rest of you male bashing I-N-D-I-V-I-D-U-A-L-S the coin has two sides.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Mar 26, 2006 08:22

sorry to hear of your disappointment Musicnut. It seems however there are some decent friends out there. I've come to the conclusion, who needs men, most of them lie and cheat - waiting to be put right on that one! Stay on the site though for a chat! Im new to this, just registered today so hoping i meet lots of new buddys! x

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Mar 25, 2006 04:45

Musicnut - - I hope you stay if not to find a prospective romantic interest, just to hang out with new-found friends. When I started on this site a year or so ago, I really was looking to find "the one". What I found were some really cool female friends whom I've enjoyed chatting with on the net and on the phone and even met up with some locally and gone to dinner and the movies. I'm no longer a "preferred" member pretty much 'cause I've found that most people aren't truthful when trying to impress someone of the opposite sex. But I keep coming to the boards, as enjoy the banter and the wit of a lot folks here. I'm currently working on a situation right now with a man I did meet thru this site. It was all good and gravy in the beginning but all of a sudden cooled and changed - - he swears nothing has changed but I'm still cautious . I hope to continue to see you on the boards. You're definitely one of the more pleasant posters.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Mar 20, 2006 09:42

15 months is a long time.
Try 6 years!
This last November, I finally met face to face the man I thought I'd be with forever. We shared one wonderful week together....
It only took the following week to unravel those 6 years of talking for hours, daily via phone or email, etc.

Yes, the internet is risky. But honestly, unless you like to frequent the bar scene, where else can you meet single people these days? It's not easy.

It is easy to give up. The hard part is staying in there and not letting yourself get defeated by those who are not capable of being not only honest to you, but to themselves.

Hang in there honey... your not alone.

Toketee

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Mar 08, 2006 14:17

Awwww....So So Sorry Nut...
I am sure we will keep in touch via the chat room and e mails.
Babe...we all know there are b*st*rds out there....Dont give up...You are such a lovely person, someone will be so pleased they have met you one day...Same as I am

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Mar 07, 2006 15:03

I am so sorry to hear that musicnut. I agree.... it is hard to find honest people online these days. Yes, you can be anyone you want online.... but geez... why would you want to lie to someone you say you care about? I just don't get it. I am sorry that you have had a rough spell with this... I think the point is that the internet is just a tool to meet someone, but the real relationship has to be built in person... even true friendships I think. Unfortunately, I learned that one the hard way. I will miss you my friend.

Kew