Home > Übergroße Foren > DATING > What is your favorite theme for conversation? Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
What is your favorite theme for conversation?
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Oct 14, 2006 23:10

Hi everybody,

Have a question. Have you ever had one of those conversations when you have no idea what to say, although by reading profile and looking at the picture you like the person, but have no idea what to say? And then you are trying to pull subject from any place of your body?
or sometimes you are getting questions that makes me feel uncomfortable. Such as
"are you into sports??" - Well I like sport but look at the name of the site, do you think I'm really into it?
So I?m just looking for ideas. What is your favorite theme for conversation?
Or should I say , which subject is safe to discuss ?:)
Thanks !

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Dec 10, 2009 17:07

I usually say something like "u have beautiful I's" then she says "but you've never seen me before" then I say "I know, I just think you have beautiful typing. Or something like that.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, May 18, 2007 14:51

In the interest of finding out more about the individual, I try to find out what they do for a living and then follow up with asking them how they decided to go into that line of work. Was it a burning desire from childhood? Is it just a waystation on the journey to something else? Is it just a way to pay for their rent/mortgage and the things that are really important to them in life. Do they have a long-term dream they're working toward?

I ask about their family relationships; parents, siblings, children, pets, etc. because their responses are meaningful in the context of any relationship.

Discussing their interests outside of work is key because that is sometimes where their real passion lies.

Of course, you can always ask them what makes them wonderful, what their friends would say about them if you asked, what their superhero name would be, etc.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, May 17, 2007 14:04

i like talking about things in the profiles. Like for me, i mention im a theatre and art lover. Thats a good one to start with! lol

...i also find politics can be good. lol As long as some dont take it outta hand!

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Mar 31, 2007 07:12

I tend to do like some here and try to pick out something in their profile. Now alot of times, there is a very short profile; which then opens the door to, the fluffy stuff and general questions. :)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Mar 29, 2007 06:19

Re:

"Did you know the "crying litter Indian" was actually Italian?"

I did not know this! It's true - you DO learn something new every day :)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Mar 21, 2007 20:26

I agree with biigbiirdy

FOOD.
Music might me a safe bet too.

RED

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 27, 2006 22:15

I concur, she is a hottie :)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 27, 2006 21:07

I like to approach a conversation with the whole getting to know thier background as indepth as I can but for a general theme, I prefer to get into the philosophical, gives me an idea on how they think and what not.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 24, 2006 21:55

When I want to reply to a profile I see I usually look for something in the profile to comment on. Even if I'm not knowledgeable on the subject I'll discuss that fact.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Dec 12, 2006 08:19

yea sometimes in conversations an awkward lull can happen... maybe you haven't found the right person to chat with... or maybe your just new to the whole thing. (Or they are too).. Just speak whatever is on your mind... or if you really want to give this guy/gal a shot... just keep the conversation going... I personally like to think up odd questions.. just to see how the respond... and see how their mind "ticks"
Example: "What is the first think you do when you wake up?"
"If you were a bird.. what kind would you be?"
"What nickname do you wish people would call you?"
"Did you know the "crying litter Indian" was actually Italian?"

As far as whats safe to talk about.. each person is different.. dip your toe in and feel around before you jump.

"Pass the canoles!"

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Oct 17, 2006 15:15

If it is a subject on the LargeFriends forum, then my answer would be what people look for in a mate and if they would consider being in a relationship with someone who was not their "type"?

If it is a conversation with someone that I have just met and am trying to get to know, I always want to know about their family. I tend to pay attention to how they talk about their family because I think that it is a good gauge to find out how they might be in a relationship. It isn't a tool that is 100% perfect, but I am usually right about my assessment of the person.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 15, 2006 00:41

I think I have two ....

FOOD: Everyone has to eat, so whether it becomes a discussion about gourmet food or simply a favourite chocolate bar or ice cream flavour it's a fairly safe bet, especially on this site!

MUSIC: Most people have a preference so it can be an interesting topic, either to reminisce about the music we grew up with or compare favourire new up-and-coming bands. Of course there's always the chance of a major clash of tastes but that's the risk you take!