Home > Übergroße Foren > Music > Country Music Fans Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Country Music Fans
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Nov 08, 2005 20:25

I have found that it is becoming more excepted to say that you like country music. But like that song goes " I was country when country wasn't cool" by Barbara Mandrell and George Jones.

I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC.

Everyone loving this wonderful music come on in and lets have some fun.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Sep 13, 2011 00:42

Of course...gotta love that country! Especially all the hot male country artists! [ie: Travis Tritt, Kenney Chesney, Rascal Flats, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Trace Atkins and so many more!

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Dec 11, 2009 09:11

Hi. I just joined this website and I saw the posts on country music. Honestly, I really like country music. But when I was in school, I used to get laughed at and called every name in the book for liking "white music". Please! Good music is good music! I have always liked the legends: Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, etc. But I really got more heavily into it when I started watching Reba McEntire's show "Reba". What's sad is even now when I look at country music CDs to buy or even listen to it, I look over my shoulder to see if anyone I know is looking. :-s

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Jan 06, 2009 11:11

I'm definitely a country fan. More of a new country fan, but the classic stuff is good too.
I love Garth Brooks, Terri Clark, Dierks Bently, Brad Paisley, Deena Carter, Josh Gracin, Montgomery Gentry, the Dixie Chicks... Pretty much everyone...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Dec 30, 2006 09:42

i love marty robbins, he sings everything so well, i think. he always seemed he had fun singing. it sadden me when he died.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 13, 2006 09:32

I was raised on Marty Robbins. My dad loved him!

I can remember my brothers and I piling into his truck and begging him to put in a tape called "Gunfighter Ballads", and we'd listen to Marty, Tennesse Ernie Ford, and Johnny Cash for every car ride of our lives. It drove my mother crazy, she's not a big country fan. She liked the more pop sounds of Conway Twitty and Glen Campbell.

Even today I'm a big country fan. I love Carrie Underwood, Sarah Evans, Dierks Bentley and Sugarland. Heck, I still love Reba, Vince Gill, Randy Travis and Patti Loveless. I'm a bluegrass fan too, I love Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Oct 10, 2006 21:52

I've been pretty much raised on country music. From the classics of Hank Williams Sr. to Ernest Tubb, to the contemporary artists. My favorites are Josh Turner, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, and Vince Gill can just make you cry from his songs. His writing is tremendous.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Oct 09, 2006 20:47

I grew up listening to Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers and the likes. My Mom was a big country fan. And I've found that as I get older I'm pulling back to my country roots. I've always been a country fan but I find myself listening to it more than ever before.

Right now I'm obsessed with Carrie Underwoods new song and Tim McGraws greatest hits CD. Plus gotta love the classics... Johnny Cash all the way :)

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Sep 22, 2006 15:45

My mom started listening to country music in the early 90's (while I was still a little kid and basically just loved watching the Olsens singing cutesy little songs and stuff) and so I eventually really liked it too! I do like some of the country now, but the early/mid 90's is my favorite. My favorite singer has always been Reba McEntire!! She's great! I've been to 10 of her concerts so far and hope to go to many more :)

I do listen to some of the older stuff too though, Patsy Cline was just a great singer..I love listening to her album! Anyway..I'm just another country fan, and have never been ashamed to say so..even when everyone else though country was stupid!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jul 28, 2006 15:59

I like many types of music, but it's country music that takes up over 3/4 of my iPod. Some of this newer country isn't so great, such as Big & Rich, but there are some who really help me relax. Whenever I am stressed or anything, music soothes my soul. My favorites include Alan Jackson, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, and others. Here's hoping my iPod never breaks!!

Nur gültig

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jul 20, 2006 12:11

country music is my favor it type of music to listen to. Alot of the songs have words in them that really hit home or make you think.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jul 20, 2006 12:11

cpontry music is my favorit tpe of music to listen to. Alot of the songs have words in them that really hit home or make you think.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jun 02, 2006 11:55

i love travis tritt

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, May 25, 2006 22:32

Some alt-country/Americana recommendations from the indie music "queen": Neko Case, the Be Good Tanyas, Jim & Jennie & the Pinetops, Jolie Holland (for more of a bluegrass feel), 16 Horsepower, the Handsome Family. Any fans?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Mar 24, 2006 04:40

DENINE ! ! ! That picture you have up with the cowboy sitting behind you is perfect in here !! LOLOL Do the damn thing, gurl!!!!! While my favorite is R&B, I listen to and enjoy pretty much everything except heavy metal. I've been to several country venues, including Alabama (twice) and Garth Brooks ( whose live show was amazing!) and when he sings SHAMELESS.....woo woo woo. Currently, I'm waiting to find the love of my life (HA HA HA) to bring to life the words of Rascal Flatt's BROKEN ROAD......what a beautiful tune!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Mar 18, 2006 05:56

Glad to find a Country Music section on here, although I can't get into many of the "new" country songs...probably because I haven't heard that many! LOL I'm kind of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to any kind of music...don't listen to it on the radio much...just tapes of my faves most of the time: Waylon (& the other Highwaymen), Don Williams, Tom T Hall & Johnny Rodriguez. I enjoy the "older" R&R/pop stuff too but these days in Knoxville, the radio stations are pathetic...no more "oldies" channel, so I settle (gritting my teeth!) for the one "soft rock" station that plays what they call a "variety" but ends up being the same contemporary slock all the time. I think there ARE a couple of classic country stations around but, again, I'd just as soon hear my tapes. Ok, gripe session over! : )

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Mar 13, 2006 12:24

First time commenting....Visiting my daughter this past November and while in the car, she played Kenny Chesney's "Where You'd Be Today". The lyrics talk about the pain of loosing a loved one. My daughter and I lost Jason, my 22year old son and her brother to a bullet in March years ago, just cause he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He would have graduated from UIC (a university here in Chicago) two months after his death. The lyrics of that song had me sobbing, but the last words, "I know I'll see ya again some day" spoke to my heart. Only country music can emotionally grab you with their lyrics. I've been listening to country ever since and still love it.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Mar 12, 2006 00:31

I think the appeal of the newer country music is that its being done by people who grew up listening to rock and country and are tying the both together. Lynard Skynard, Molly Hatchet, the Outlaws and the such were always more country than metal, and what better way to prove it than the brothers from Skynard who are doing real well on the country charts, Van Zants. And Hank, Jr., Willie, Waylon, Merle, and the man in black himself, Johnny, were just as much into the rock-n-roll lifestyle as the Stones or Black Sabbath. I've gotten more into the country stuff lately because for one , their videos aren't stupid cr*p and the songs tell stories that I seem to relate to more. Could be the age thing being 45 and all and it's hard to relate to blink or Green Day. I grew up in a house where all kinds of music was played, my dad played drums in jazz bands and would like to wake up the kids with the 1812 Overture blasting on the stereo Sunday morning.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Mar 09, 2006 08:16

darkdixie write:
I have found that it is becoming more excepted to say that you like country music. But like that song goes " I was country when country wasn't cool" by Barbara Mandrell and George Jones.

I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC.

Everyone loving this wonderful music come on in and lets have some fun.

There is only one Country Music and that is US Country Music. I love it.

I still think Dolly is the best female singer ever. When she sings I look at life that way (by jodie mitchell) I cry.

I must admit thought that I pefer the older stuff from John Denver, Tammy, Dolly and Glen. The new stuff doesn't really do a lot for me as it's all line dancing tunes these days.

Good post
Cheers
Sharpy

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Feb 27, 2006 20:24

and who can leave out trace Atkins....I love to get out on the floor with my honky tonk badonkadonk :)