Home > Übergroße Foren > Romance > How do you know when the men on here are for real! Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
How do you know when the men on here are for real!
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 14, 2005 09:47

I an a lady with excess weight, so I thought this was the perfect meeting place. Not that I still dont. I am from west PA, where average weight is over weight. A few men have responded to my ad, but I have only met one. Once we met things went rather nicely. Until later that evening I received and email from him, stating that he didnt realize that "I was so fat". Im 5 ft 9 and wear a size 18. What is it that men are looking for at a bbw site? a size 6? Men Id really like to hear what you have to say. Ladies how have meeting gone for you?

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Mar 16, 2010 12:22

It's not the size it's the heart & soul of the person anyway. Personally I do not like the name of the site. Im sorry you had a bad experience. Don't give up there are plenty of good people out there. Yes even in western PA, or even in Ohio ;)

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Nov 28, 2009 15:48

Hello Cubbynfunny!

I know this chain was stated a few years ago, but I still want to chime in.

Wow. If you met him through this website, he obviously does not know what BBW/BBM means. In my standards, his lack intelligence and manners would not even qualify him for a second date. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

As for a size 18, I only wish I was that small. I used to work retail in a larger sized clothing chain. In general, plus size is considered 18-28. There are a few stores that count 16 as plus size, and a few stores that even carry up to size 32.

Everyone has their own idea of what is beautiful. You cannot take that away from them. You can only be yourself, be proud of yourself and hopefully someone will see that and be attracted to you because you are beautiful as yourself.

Good luck on your search.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Feb 14, 2009 12:14

Sounds that it was his problem, not yours. Everyone is different. The way I understand it is BBW stands for Big Beautiful Woman. Personally, I like them - therefore, size is not an issue. Life is more than what size you are or what size I am.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 07, 2007 18:09

Hmm I guess it goes back to what is a bbw? People see it differantly. I would not even consider you to be bbw, but then there are people that think bbw is just big busted women too. lol What it all comes down to is everyone one has there own taste, and yes some are very shallow ones. I have been reading many post and still have not figured out what is the definition of a bbw. All I know is I'm not a tooth pick and that is fine with me. I would rather be heathly then sick. Just forget about that shallow person and move on, you have to much to offer to worry about him. I wish you the best of luck in what your looking for.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Nov 12, 2006 10:11

I think that we all have different things that attract us to others. Size is a key component in dating and romance. I think both men and women are visual creatures who go with what visually appeals to us first rather than what a person has going on intellectually.

Since I've gotten a bit older and wiser, I've learned that we all have different ideas on what dating means, whose the ideal mate, and so much more. There are stereotypes for all walks of life. I even have made some generalizations about men that I really shouldn't have, but we are all human after all.

In figuring out whose real or not...well, even in real time it's hard to gauge whose sincere and whose not. I think the best way to get to know someone is by talking, but also listening to what they have to say. Both men and women can be players, so one needs to pay attention and not only follow their hearts but listen to your head.

If he or she seems too good to be true, often times they are. There is no magic way to figure out whose best for you, but ask questions. Certain red flags go off in my head when the questions become too personal or they want your number so quickly but yet you can't have theirs.

This is a pretty good site, but I've noted a few trollers along the way. Just stick to your guns and don't settle. Keep your standards high and your expectations low than you'll never be disappointed..much.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Nov 09, 2006 14:14

Size 18? That's bearly a BBW in my book :-)! My guess is he was looking for something on the side and could tell you had too much self worth to have just an affair.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Nov 05, 2006 05:13

erm i don't know but i think i am size 12

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Nov 01, 2006 06:49

If size is not a factor then what are we doing here?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 29, 2006 18:04

Wow. A bloke like this signs up for site that caters to larger ladies - And insults you for being size 18?

Unbelievable.

But as for how to know the guys aren't exactly 100% accurate - These words are the clinchers (in the majority of cases) - No photos, and using the words: Married, Something Casual, Out for fun, and maybe mature (read: OLD).

But then again, a lot of the blokes out there in the world wide interweb tend to be one-track minders, anyway.

A relationship to them is what gets in the way of a good sex life.

Present company excluded :)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Oct 28, 2006 20:08

I would love to be your size. I'm 5'7" and am a size 24/26. And I'm pear-shaped.
So count yourself lucky. The guy was a total moron. And he's missing out on a someone really nice. It's his loss.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Oct 28, 2006 18:53

BBW is such a general term. A BBW site is no different from any other site. You still have a variety of shapes, sizes and personalities. Just because a man or woman is on a BBW site doesn't mean they're looking for just anybody who fits that category. All men and women have certain preferences. The world can be a cruel place with its many categorizations. Many people feel the sting of society's prejudices. Don't let the world define who you are. Only you can do that.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Oct 26, 2006 15:28

BBW means: Big Beautiful Women, thats what you all are, BEAUTIFUL... size does not matter ur love nad personality does. Why does it always have to be about size? i think if ur to skinny id be scared that id break them, i want a real woman with real curves and real personality a Normal woman, not some skinny whos to scared to eat a pea incase she might get fat, bbw's are the realwomen of the world the skinny's are the abnormal ones..........Rant over sorry if I offend anyone...dave

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Oct 09, 2006 15:00

LoneRoaster: I don't know if it a double-standard, but I do know that as a large-sized woman, a slim man gets into my "nooks and crannies" a lot easier. I don't feel like I am in a wrestling match when we get physical and I don't have to work as hard. But that's just me. But then again, I might just be saying this because my man is small and uses me as his playground. Whee!!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 08, 2006 20:29

I have to say that it does go both ways. So many women are here on this site because they are are overweight, BBW's, whatever term you care to use. Yet, in their profiles, they would prefer a man to be "athletic," "fit," "a few extra pounds." Is this a double-standard?

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Jun 24, 2006 05:31

lol @ he didn't know you were that fat. smh, whata loser. I don't meet online anymore...last guy i met three years ago was gay and no offense to gays but the best bet is to go clubbing.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jun 21, 2006 15:46

On online dating sites, I would never meet up with a guy, until we had BOTH exchanged pictures with each other first. Cause, I'm not looking for blind dates here, you know?

If he saw a picture of you, and you saw one of him, then he is definitely a jerk. But if you didn't exchange pictures with each other first, then there is always going to be a greater chance of rejection on/after the first date...

... even so, he is still a jerk.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jun 19, 2006 08:24

I like what one lady said...."there are equal numbers of players...man and female." Men aren't the only ones who play games. Ladies...be up front with what you want and are looking for. Some of us will respond in kind...I promise.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jun 14, 2006 07:51

That guy was just a jerk!!!!

I am also 5'9" but I am a 26. I would give my eye teeth and half my soul to be an 18.

Keep smiling, when you feel good about yourself, others feel good when with you!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jun 14, 2006 05:26

Well imo whether its male or female it takes time to learn about someone,and there motivation.Yes i think you are on the right site and as others have said pics would probably help.But this all just my .02 worth. Goodluck!