Home > Übergroße Foren > Health > Where does it hurt? Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Where does it hurt?
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Nov 28, 2005 20:22

I'm 43 and relatively active but I tell you sometimes when I get up in the morning my lower back hurt so badly I have to crawl out of bed. I like to workout but I had to give up doing free weight swats or anything that puts unsupported stress on my back. So what hurts ya'll on a regular bases? How do you work through your limitations?

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jul 05, 2006 09:23

I have bad knees from sports in school from 7th grade to graduation. I was a catcher for my softball team for six years and helped at practices for the football team since they wouldn't let me play in games. Nothing but knees.

Now the knees collapse when I walk too much or try to go uphill to fast. Most of the time the pain isn't too bad, but then a hot pack will usually help it enough.

Red

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, May 18, 2006 17:06

My wife's back cannot be operated on. She needs to have shots every 3 months. Another thing to consider for pain is dried cherries [they are betterthan fresh],pure cherry cherry juice, and also pomengranetes and that juice also. They are antiinflamatories.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jan 08, 2006 16:31

bucky2000 write:
I'm 43 and relatively active but I tell you sometimes when I get up in the morning my lower back hurt so badly I have to crawl out of bed. I like to workout but I had to give up doing free weight swats or anything that puts unsupported stress on my back. So what somethihurts ya'll on a regular bases? How do you work through your limitations?

bucky i am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with so much pain... so far (knock on wood) my back hasn't given me a whole lot of problems... my 26 year old daughter has debilitating pain in her lower back also... it is so hard to see her when she hurts like that... i really wish that i had the answer for you both... i really do... i pulled something in my upper, outer thigh and hip when i tripped over something about 4 years ago.. while falling i stretched myself out real far to grab something else and i felt a deep burning all the way up my leg into my hip and it has given me problems ever since when i walk too much or sometimes it wakes me up at night hurting.... but i'm sure the pain is nothing compared to what you are feeling...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jan 06, 2006 22:27

bucky2000 write:
I'm 43 and relatively active but I tell you sometimes when I get up in the morning my lower back hurt so badly I have to crawl out of bed. I like to workout but I had to give up doing free weight swats or anything that puts unsupported stress on my back. So what hurts ya'll on a regular bases? How do you work through your limitations?

I was on a bus when the moron took off before i sat down (city bus) and slammed the breaks on before i could to to my seat... i flew backwards and cranked my head on a pole. that was in 2002. The next morning I had to get my gf to lift my coffee cup for me. I could not lift it or else it gave me the kinda pain that blacks a person out.

It's now 2006, i went back to work mid 2002. Started a new job as a tech. If I'm careful and very conscious to use my knees etc my back behaves itself.

However if i walk more than a mile say, my back hurts so bad that it slows down my walking to a crawl... odd. Also a few months ago i hurt my UPPER back lifting a rather large cabinet with another person. Anyhow long story short we shouldn't have lifted it. my boss maintains that it weighs 90 lbs.... i can still lift 120 solo and throw it ... 3 feet but yeah. The cabinet i lifted was at least 250, as my friend who was helping me was a body builder and HE was havin issues with it!

Long story short you have to embrace the pain on the bad days and work through it. I prefer NOT to go to chiropractors. they relieve stress for about 3 days and it slips back into place and the pain resumes. I went a few times and after each time i excercised or walked so my muscles .. tightened back around the bones i guess. Anyhow i found that the cracktobacktor was not of much help. Push yourself a little until you can push yourself a little further. The pain eventually subsides.

Sorry for the long post but yeah any other questions are welcome. If my past exp can help ya out that would be great.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Dec 10, 2005 12:50

Bucky's right about exercise mechanics. I developed arthritis in both my knees from when I first started exercising many years ago. Basically, the formula is:
Plus-size body + high-impact exercise = knee injuries.
Strangely enough, the best thing for arthritis is regular, but non-stressful exercise. I've now switched to low-impact stuff like the elliptical, yoga and pilates.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Dec 07, 2005 19:23

Low back pain is a common problem effecting about 80% of adults at some point in their live. Back problems are the 2nd leading cause of visits to the doctors. To help prevent back pain you should strenghtening the abs,spinal muscles,and shoulders. Also Stretching the spine, hips, hamstrings and anterior chest muscles is helpful.Weight bearing exercise help maintain bone density. Using proper body mechanics is also very important.
(I am paraphasing this from my personal trainer study manual.)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Nov 29, 2005 11:01

My lower back hurts when I stand for a period of time, but the really horrible thing about it is im only 19. The way im going to work though it is get a personal trainer through a gym. Do exercises that will strengthen the muscles in my lower back and hopefully lose pounds that are putting the stress on my back in the first place! Iv been heavy my whole life and deathly afraid of joining a gym, but I figure early death or deathly afraid.... ill take the latter.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Nov 29, 2005 04:50

Bucky, that sounds awful. If you can send a plane ticket I'll come and lay my hands on you.....won't help the pain, but would make me feel SOOO much better!!
I get knotted up muscles in the back of my neck every now and then, must be a stress thing. But when it happens, I can't move. I think massage would help...any offers?