Home > Übergroße Foren > Sports and travel > Visiting New Mexico? Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Visiting New Mexico?
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 05, 2004 12:09

Anyone coming to New Mexico on vacation anytime soon? I live in Las Cruces, NM, in the southern part of the state, not far from El Paso, Texas, but would be glad to give you advice on sites/sights to see in New Mexico and maybe even meet for coffee if you're passing through Las Cruces.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, May 01, 2005 12:17

Laura, i lived in New Mexico and be warned, it get's cold there too. I lived on the eastern side in Portales and it would snow there and the roads would get iced up like up north. The problem was that there was little done to make the roads and street safe when icey. It seemed likt the thought was, God put the ice there, He'll pick it up when He's done. And the eastern side is one big sand box. But the area does have it's beauty. Many a time I would be driving and being a Lous Lamore book reader, I found myself picturing his stories in the area I was in. It also gets real windy in the spring timeon the east side. Those winds come running down the Rockies and there is nothing to stop them. Some people said it was because Texas $ucks, but they were kidding. Some of the beautiful areas are Ruidoso, Santa Fe, and anywhere the Rockies are in sight. I hear there is this 7-11 in Albuquerque where runaway brides like to hang out. I also lived in the four-corners area when i was a mere child, Farmington. It's just over the Colorado border and close to Durango. There is an author named Tony Hillerman who stages most of his stories in the New Mexico area, and he is really good at the desriptions. He does lots of research to make sure he's accurate. Good luck on your move and I wish you the best.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, May 01, 2005 11:06

Laura... you would love New Mexico! I did... I lived on the eastern side for a little over 7 years. I absolutely loved it and I loved Albuquerque. There is a beauty there that not many see... just like we BBW's... but if you take the time to look it over, you'll find so much more than you ever expected.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Apr 18, 2005 23:32

Renaissance_Woman, I"m thinking about moving to NM near Albequerque. Do you live anywhere near there? I"m so sick of the freezing cold winters here in NW Ohio. I always see travel commercials featuring NM and they are filled with gorgeous photos of lakes and mountains. I"d probably be happy living anywhere else BUT Ohio, actually. I"m originally from the east coast and used to living closer to the sea. This part of Ohio is full of nothing but flatlands.

I love your outfit, too. I used to go to a lot of ren faires when I was married - a very long time ago! LOL I always wanted some type of skirt I could wear to a ren faire with a boned hoop-skirt underneath like I had under my wedding dress. LOL

You can always send me a message at Yah--Messenger. I use the exact same name. Take care,
Laura