Home > Übergroße Foren > Music > Reggae Fans Check In Here! Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
Reggae Fans Check In Here!
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jul 18, 2005 06:28

Okay, let's hear from all you reggae fans out there, male and female!

I've been into reggae for over 20 years now and my favourite singer from way back is Delroy Wilson and my favourite singer of modern times is Beres Hammond(though he's been around a while too, since the mid 70s). I also love Slim Smith, The Heptones, The Abyssinians, Mighty Diamonds, Ken Boothe, Cornell Campbell...and the list goes on! :)

Who gets you skanking? :)

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Aug 10, 2010 05:39

Ah...gorgeous women talking reggae...this rocks my world :) Honourable mention for the deep grooves of Sly and Robbie...and there's nothing like some deep dancehall grooves to share. Feelin' irie xxx

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Mar 28, 2007 10:19

I played in a reggae band in San Diego back in the 80's (token caucasian!). I've been totally into the music since Robert Nesta Marley's records were new. Among my favorites...

Old school: Gregory Isaacs, Peter Tosh, Third World, Black Uhuru, anything touched by Lee Scratch Perry, Eek-A-Mouse, Steel Pulse, anything played on by Sly & Robbie (I'm a bass player, and Robbie Shakespeare is da man!)

Newer stuff: Beres Hammond, Luciano, Eek-A-Mouse (still goin strong!), Cocoa Tea, Shaggy

I'm not a big fan of dancehall style... I guess I grew up with all of those great singers in the 70's, so I really like reggae music with a memorable melody.

Of course, for just freak-out dancing (or pumping really hard at the gym), nothing beats SOCA!!!! Last time I was in the Caribbean, they were still doing the Dollar Wine! LOL!!!!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jan 15, 2007 20:59

well...i must confess, back in the day, before my son who's almost thirty was even born i was really into reggae. in the early 70's my cousin hipped me to the late, great bob marley and peter tosh. their sound and words were so new to me that i became a big, big fan. of course we were dabbling in the "herb" bob was known for and boy did it make the music sound even better. lol man, we spent hours at a time sitting back listening to and singing along with bob. eyes closed and head bobbing of course. we knew how important his words were and what he stood for. now bob's offsprings are keeping up his legacy. what a great, great man and musical talent.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Jun 17, 2006 21:09

Irie I love reggae my artist spans from Sean paul to matisyahu love it very much. I have not gone to Jamaica but it is in definate works.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jun 07, 2006 10:20

I like a lot Desmond Dekker, Jim Brown, Dennis Alcapone, The Melodians, The Dynamites,The Ethiopians... a lot of them really. I prefer the old stuff though... i guess there is an appeal that reaches me more easily.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, May 08, 2006 12:47

I love, love, love reggae. Been listening to it for 17 years now. I've also been to jamaica 3 times. Theres nothing like listening to your favorite songs in the place it all started. I like more or the hip hop reggae because of all the different instuments your hear, but i do love some Bob, he never gets old.Buju, Sean paul, Beeny Man. Telephone Love by Shaba Ranks was the first song that got me hooked. Every friday i go out to this reggae club in my city and just love to see so many people enjoying the music i love.And don't forget Sister Nancy!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Oct 22, 2005 09:35

tempted2tuch

you go girl, and what about Frankie Paul, Dennis Brown and one of my all time faves garnett Silk oh and sanchez, i could go on and on too...........hey wasn't that by Aswad! Also peeps in the u.k frankie Paul is at the Palace Pavillion in Stoke Newington on Nov 4th
tempted2tuch

you go girl, and what about Frankie Paul, Dennis Brown and one of my all time faves garnett Silk oh and sanchez, i could go on and on too...........hey wasn't that by Aswad! Also peeps in the u.k frankie Paul is at the Palace Pavillion in Stoke Newington on Nov 4th

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Oct 18, 2005 15:46

I dont really do message boards but this is about my passion...I love my music!Beres,Gregory,Morgan Heritage,Freddie McGregor,Mikey Spice,Marley..the list goes on an on

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Sep 14, 2005 18:19

You know I HAD to check in on this one, as I told you, I got to see Marley twice so he is wayyyyyyyyyyy up there in my eyes and always will be, loved Dennis Brown too, U Roy, Beres, Frankie Paul, newbies like Jah Cure.....he is good, I could go on forever..........Cool Ruler- Gregory, gawd ya mek me search mi brain fi dis!
Take care Gordo!

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jul 25, 2005 16:58

"Delroy Wilson..cool operator." Obviously Marley and Tosh, Yellowman, Buju Bantam, Eek-A-Mouse, Mr. Vegas, rock bands influenced by reggae...The Clash, 311, Sublime, etc.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jul 22, 2005 03:22

I like a few old reggae tracks, Dancing on the Floor, by Third World, I like the 70's ones, Young Gifted and Black, and Pied Piper, Probably a few more, but was only a young chicken in the 70's

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jul 21, 2005 05:11

Sean Paul... arrgghhhhh!!!

Yeah he's Jamaican and they still refer to the new stuff as reggae but it's more like Caribbean hip hop now in sound.

It's reggae Jim, but not as we know it

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Jul 18, 2005 20:25

I've always been a fan of Yellow Man. :)