Home > Übergroße Foren > Lonely Hearts Post Ur Thoughts Here... > I hate this... Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
I hate this...
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Dec 25, 2005 20:29

Ok, I'm a bigger girl (as are most girls on this site, I assume). I'm about 260lbs, but I don't look it. I'm very outgoing, have a wide circle/variety of friends (guys and girls), and I have a relatively active social life. I carry myself well, dress nicely more often than not, and I've had people tell me how "beautiful/sexy/gorgeous" I am. I'm starting to wonder if these comments are really sincere. I think people just compliment me because, "Oh, she's fat, so she needs to hear something that will make her feel better." It's true. I've even heard of people doing that. It's digusting. One of my friends was even called, " a fat f*cking cow" by a couple of people who didn't even know her. No, we're not supermodel-thin people, but we still have feelings. And even though we aren't clones of, say, Cindy Crawford or Pam Anderson, we're still good-looking. In fact, I know quite a few bigger ladies who have absolutely gorgeous faces and luminescent (sp?) personalities, and to me, that's more beautiful than skin and bones could ever be. Anyways, back to my rant...why is it so many people are obsessed with how their partner looks? The cover of the book doesn't necessarily tell you the whole story that's inside, cover-to-cover. I'd just like to find a decent guy (good-looking wouldn't hurt) that will care for me as a person, and not for what I look like. I try striking up conversations with guys, and they give me this look, like, "how dare you try and speak to me? you don't look like Tyra Banks, so go away." *grumble* Anywho, I think I'm finished ranting for now. Comments are welcomed and appreciated! ^_^

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Jul 09, 2006 22:16

sweetsforyou write:
Hi Everyone, I JUST HAVE TO respond on this topic. First of all, do you notice that it is the short, stocky, bald men that are looking for the "Barbie Dolls?" Also, do you really care about any ignorant, shallow persons' thoughts, or, actions. Yes, comments, sounds, and, "looks" can be embarrassing, but, what does that say about themselves? I may be heavy, but, I am so beautiful where it counts. Looks change, a personality usually doesn't...besides, I can lose the weight, how do you lose an ugly soul.
sweetsforyou (Mary)

Hummm... short stocky bald men look for barbie dolls? The one that I meet last December must be blind then.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sat, Jul 08, 2006 23:01

* yep i may be o/weight, but at least i know i am still beautiful on the inside, fat or skinny...You however are ugly inside and always will be, and prolly have a teeny weiner*

Kathii,
My Momma always told me to just say
"ya but your butt ugly and I can lose weight"
Have had occasion to use it and boy does it torque their chains.........

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Feb 19, 2006 07:04

I'm new here so my responce is late. I was reading though and thought I'd mention something. Women are judged most often on their figure and guys on their height. So many women do not want to be seen with men shorter than they are. Me being 5'9 a good portion of men are shorter than I am. Still I think my last boyfriend was about 5'4 and we had so much fun together. Many guys are shy or afraid and the hardest part is having them get to know you. Most guys that get to know me like me.
As for the rude comments...consider the source.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jan 26, 2006 13:45

I am going to generalize here so don't kill the messenger: Biologically, males are primarily visual(this is true across all species; insecure males are even more so.

In my 20's I ran into men like you are describing and I believe that's because their egos are a little fragile at this age. As time goes on men change and start to look for more than a pretty face/body, but not all men.

Try meeting men in a totally different venue, say night school, through volunteering, civic organizations. If you are doing the bar scene (which at your age is not at all unusual when trying to meet men)you're going to run into more crass individuals.

I married my late husband long after I stopped drinking, drugging, and sleeping around. However, it was a long painful haul before that. I married late at 43. He was worth the wait. He adored me and I adored him. My weight was never an issue until I started to health issues and then he was very concerned as he was a nurse.

You need to focus on your health. Not too far down the line you may start having serious health problems like diabetes, etc. Weight acceptance is fine only if you stay healthy.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Jan 26, 2006 05:12

Hi Everyone, I JUST HAVE TO respond on this topic. First of all, do you notice that it is the short, stocky, bald men that are looking for the "Barbie Dolls?" Also, do you really care about any ignorant, shallow persons' thoughts, or, actions. Yes, comments, sounds, and, "looks" can be embarrassing, but, what does that say about themselves? I may be heavy, but, I am so beautiful where it counts. Looks change, a personality usually doesn't...besides, I can lose the weight, how do you lose an ugly soul.
sweetsforyou (Mary)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Jan 18, 2006 09:56

If some stranger comes up to me out of the blue & tells me I look attractive, I'll thank them---but I have to admit I'll also wonder what he's after. Are they trying to sell something? Etc. I'm just not used to being told this, so I get a little suspicious. I'm far more used to getting heckled because of my size. I'm not saying all young men are like this, but in my experience it's usually young men trying to act big in front of their buddies. This kind of bully thinks they can get away with it; they expect the 'victom' to just hang their head & pretend it's not happening. I used to do that myself, until I got my self-esteem back. If someone heckles me, I look around, get eye contact, and smile---this really confuses them and they stop. The other day someone made 'mooing' sounds at me while I was pumping gas. I waved & blew him a kiss. His buddies changed from laughing at me to laughing at him. ;-)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Fri, Jan 13, 2006 20:49

lol...I loved your response Cathii.
this indeed happened to a female friend of mine a few years ago and she told him the same thing, but stated it in a different way which was, (and I still laugh everytime I think of this)...."yea, I'm fat....But your bu*t a*s ugly ...and I can go on a Diet"
He had NO idea what to do next, as she did this in front of his friends who I think are still laughing at him to this day. His friends were not to thrilled with his little comment to begin with and did apologize to her for him being a total idiot.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 26, 2005 21:51

I was reading your poast.. And some thing struck me as odd.. You say you dont like how people judge people on looks.. And I compleatly agree but then you went on to say.. "I'd just like to find a decent guy (good-looking wouldn't hurt) that will care for me as a person, and not for what I look like"... (good-looking wouldn't hurt..Um whos baseing things on looks there I wonder.. And as far as what your friend had to go tho.. Thats just horrible and just showes the IQ of the morrons who said that...

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Dec 26, 2005 16:21

Hey Misti ...

I know what you are saying, but I agree that even though someone can be a larger person, of course you can be sexy and attractive etc , it depends on how you carry yourself and your condfidence, whenever anyone used to compliment me I would shoot back with "maybe you need glasses" and stoopid things like that ... now I just say "thank you" and no, I dont think people say things JUST cause we are big ... I think its heartfelt especially if they are good friends ...

As for your friend being called names like that from strangers ... thats something that will never stop when it comes to rude ingnorant people, and she is larger, thats the first point of attack, calling her or anyone who is larger fat, if she was thinner, they would have picked on something else ...

You are a very attractive girl and I am sure you will find someone suitable for you ... just look on this site... PLENTY of yummy men to chat too, good luck !!