Home > Übergroße Foren > Entertainment and Hobbies > TV Show - Biggest Loser Letztes Thema Nächstes Thema
Wechseln zu:
TV Show - Biggest Loser
Autor
Nur gültig
für eingeloggte Mitglieder
Veröffentlicht am Tue, Oct 04, 2005 17:47

The guys on this show are so cool. I'd like to take them all home :)

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Thu, Oct 20, 2005 07:53

I like the show but I think it is unfair that the guys get to take off their shirts before weighing in (to save those precious few ounces) whereas the women can't do that. Seems unfair. Although, I am sure the guys would like for the girls to take their tops off... lol... men! Gotta love them! I think it is good to see them really lose the weight.... it appears they have learned to change their eating habits which is most important.
I like the show but I think it is unfair that the guys get to take off their shirts before weighing in (to save those precious few ounces) whereas the women can't do that. Seems unfair. Although, I am sure the guys would like for the girls to take their tops off... lol... men! Gotta love them! I think it is good to see them really lose the weight.... it appears they have learned to change their eating habits which is most important.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Mon, Oct 10, 2005 02:49

Personally I buy second hand DVDs. Surprisingly cheap and NOooooo adverts :-D

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 09, 2005 15:02

Personally.. I couldn't tell you what most of what is on television these days.. I spend more time outdoors, on here, work, and with my sweetie... I do however, enjoy some programs on Discovery or mystery channel now and then.

Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Sun, Oct 09, 2005 06:02

Quite... plus they tend to build narratives and those narratives have to be around how someone's lazy or a glutton if they don't lose enough weight.

I remember when we had something like that on british TV and this BHM singer walked. The abuse that was heaped on him was chilling... all because he decided that clearly, losing weight wasn't worth the treatment. Plus I note that nearly all the celebrities who did lose weight have since put it back on.

Antworten / kommentieren      Zitieren      Missbrauch melden   Lesezeichen und Anteil
Nur gültig
Veröffentlicht am Wed, Oct 05, 2005 03:03

I bloody hate that kind of programme.

Weight-loss Boot Camp
Celebrity Weight-Loss

Even if I was 800 ibs and cleaning myself with a rag on a stick I would STILL have enough dignity and self-respect to refuse to go on a TV programme where I'd be bossed around and shouted at for the sole reason of making fatties jiggle about on screen for the amusement of idiots sitting at home.

Reality TV is a CANCER on western civilisation.

Most reality TV is aspirational. Make-over shows for the person, the house or the garden are all about convincing people that they too could live in a nice environment if they'd paint opposing walls of their prole hole lilac or something.

Similarly I have a theory that a large chunk of TV is aspirational too. It exists to comfort people that no matter how messed up they are, there are still people crazier and uglier than they are.

Programmes that revolve around weight-loss are the perfect example of this. Oh SURE the witless soccer mom might think she has a big arse because she can't fit into those jeans anymore but at least she's not as fat as THESE LOSERS (the clue's in the title).

Well I might be fat but I'll never jiggle about on screen for the amusement of mouth-breathing cretins. If you ask me the biggest losers are the people watch shows like this. You can actually SEE the IQ of the western world dropping as it watches such unvarnished tripe.

*GAAAAAAAASP*